[fedora-virt] Can't install Win7 in KVM

John Himpel john at jlhimpel.net
Wed Sep 29 20:56:05 UTC 2010

I am unable to get Win 7 to install using virt-install under the most
recent rawhide (9/29/2010).  I filed the details in bugzilla #6369999.
Included is the "debug" output from virt-install.

It appears to create the image file, Win 7 asks me about keyboard and
language.  It then asks upgrade or install, I chose install.  It then
asks me to pick the virtual partition to use as the install target. I
select the one I want.  Win 7 then "thinks" for about a minute and the
install dies.

PS: I have made the patch shown in bz#628721.

Thanks