[fedora-virt] Best location for user documentation

John Himpel john at jlhimpel.net
Wed Sep 29 21:08:21 UTC 2010

I run my own sendmail server, dhcp server, dynamic dns server, ftp
server, mail server, ntp server, web server, etc.  So I am used to
reading an following user/administrator documentation.

What would be the best location to look for user/administrator
documentation for using KVM.  Most of what I find is either out of date
or very difficult for me to understand (I have tried reading "Part III
Configuration) of the Fedora 13 Virtualization Guide, but things like
PCI Passthru, SR_IVO USB device passthru and N_PortID are beyond my
knowledge.

My ultimate goal would be to run many of my services in their own
individual VM.  I would also like to use KVM to allow me to test new
services inside a confined sandbox.

I also have to run a proprietary VPN under Win 7 to access my network at
work.  I would like to run Win 7 under KVM, but I got lost about do I
need win-virtio drivers or not.  If so, it talks about making a floppy
for installation time.  Would making a DVD with the drivers work as
well?