[fedora-virt] Best location for user documentation

Justin M. Forbes jmforbes at linuxtx.org
Thu Sep 30 11:57:35 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 16:08 -0500, John Himpel wrote:
> I also have to run a proprietary VPN under Win 7 to access my network at
> work.  I would like to run Win 7 under KVM, but I got lost about do I
> need win-virtio drivers or not.  If so, it talks about making a floppy
> for installation time.  Would making a DVD with the drivers work as
> well?

Floppy is required for block installation in earlier windows versions
(XP).  An ISO image is acceptable for newer Windows versions.  We do
provide  both ISO and floppy images for the virtio Windows drivers which
are signed by Red Hat (not WHQL).  It is not required that you run
Windows with virtio, but it is highly recommended.
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/virtio-win/latest/images/bin

Justin