[fedora-virt] unable to run virt-manager as normal user

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 07:29:13 UTC 2011

Hello,
besides the other problems (virt-manager icon and need to
rename/symling qemu and qemu-system-x86_64 to qemu-kvm), it seems that
after applying virt-preview repo I'm unable to use virt-manager as
normal user.
As I start it I see my guests, but then if double click on one gives
no result and virt-manager is not usable any more.
One relevant message seems this:
[Mon, 01 Aug 2011 09:11:49 virt-manager 4768] ERROR (connection:1262)
Couldn't fetch inactive interface 'wlan0'

But I attach all the virt-manager.log
Starting from root user I can normally use virt-manager...

I think this could depend on my particular case.
Some days ago I had a failure on my mainboard, so that I swapped the
hard disk to a same laptop model.
I notice that em1 kept its name (I only had to change mac in
nm-connection-editor)
I made the same for my "system wlan0" adapter but ifconfig command
continues to show now "wlan1" ....

Any help ?

Gianluca