[fedora-virt] connect XP -- how?

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Tue Aug 9 21:09:51 UTC 2011

	I have VirtualBox 4.0.12 installed under Fedora 14; it brings up
XP, which runs the legacy software that interacts with my old Garmin
GPSs. But somehow, nothing I try manages to establish an Internet
connection. (It says it can't find any network cards.)

	One guess is that there's some permission toggle in VB itself,
rather than in the virtual XP, that I need to switch; but I have no idea
what nor where.

	I've gone through Devices > Network Adapters, trying each choice
with everything I can think of in the virtual XP to set up a connection,
but gotten nowhere.

	Clue, please?

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User