[fedora-virt] Suggestions for NFS mount options?

Scott Baker bakers at canbytel.com
Mon Dec 12 21:52:15 UTC 2011

I have a virt frontend that runs the VMs, and another server that stores
the VM images/configs and shares via NFS.

On the frontend I mount /mnt/nfs/virt-stuff and then symlink
/var/lib/libvirt/images and /etc/libvirt/ from the NFS mount point. Are
there any "best practices" for NFS mount options? Do I need to worry
about the filesystem on the VM store? Right now I'm just using EXT3 to
store the images.

Any advice on the best way to share/store the VM images would be
appreciated.

--
Scott Baker - Canby Telcom
System Administrator - RHCE - 503.266.8253