[fedora-virt] Suggestions for NFS mount options?

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 23:05:30 UTC 2011

On 12/12/2011 03:25 PM, Scott Baker wrote:
> On 12/12/2011 01:58 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
>> not good.  Each machine's /etc/libvirt must be independent, and
>> sharing them is a disaster waiting to happen, if libvirtd on two
>> different machines tries to modify shared /etc/libvirt at the same
>> time.
>
> I want to be able to do migrations between two different frontends. I
> was told to do that you need to have shared configuration and shared
> VM images. Is that not true?

You need to have shared VM images.  But migration takes care of moving
the configuration from source to destination, so you do not need shared
configuration.  And you definitely do NOT want shared /etc/libvirt if
migration is going to succeed, otherwise you have two libvirtd on
different machines both trying to modify the same files.