[fedora-virt] virt-manager with spice support

Avi Alkalay avi at unix.sh
Thu Feb 10 19:35:02 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 16:30, Alon Levy <alevy at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 03:44:59PM -0200, Avi Alkalay wrote:
> > Ok, so the 'host=' argument is unsupported on qemu 0.13 and the spice
> > documentation is wrong.
>
> so the user guide pdf is wrong?

The user guide PDF on spice-space seems wrong, at least the part related to
'qemu -spice host=blablabla'.

> This is quite dirty and insecure cause anybody anywhere will be able to
> > connect to your VMs with the spice protocol. But we are testing new stuff
> > here, right!?
> You could still supply a password, and use tls.

If current libvirt can't handle current qemu simple thing as the 'host='
parameter, I won't risk trying things as TLS and certificates. Of course you
can write your configs and initscripts manualy, but then what is the point
on libvirt and virt-manager ?

Regards,
Avi