[fedora-virt] libvirt & VirtualBox (get some experience)

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 15:33:00 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I'm on Fedora 14 and I'm totally new to libvirt. I have experience with
vSphere on servers and VirtualBox on the desktop.  I'm looking forward
to KVM but my desktop CPU doesn't have the virtualization extensions so
I can't play with KVM at the moment.
However, I would like to get some hands-on experience with the
management tools (command line virsh and the GUI virt-manager).

Can I really use these mgmt tools with VirtualBox as the back-end
virtualization engine? That is, can I totally control my VirtualBox VMs
(with libvirt) without needing to use the VirtualBox GUI at all?

Thanks,
Jorge