[fedora-virt] supplying kickstart file using initrd-inject?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jan 18 09:46:30 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 04:09:15PM -0600, fp.to.anomalyst at xoxy.net wrote:
>     --initrd-injections=/path/to/my.ks --extra-args ``ks=file:/my.ks''
[...]
> os-variant=fedor14 --initrd-inject=/iso/ks --extra-args
[...]
> ERROR    [Errno 21] Is a directory: '/iso/ks'

As it says, name the kickstart file itself.  --initrd-inject=/iso/ks/foo.ks

Another way to do this (not necessarily better) is to build a small
ISO containing the kickstart using mkisofs / genisoimage.

> Since the --file is spec'ing a partition which, of course, has an
> intrinsic size, is the size option a) unneeded b) incorrect c) ignored
> or some combination?
>
> 	--file=/dev/sdc2 --file-size 8

I think (c) ignored.  In any case you should leave out --file-size
because it is inferred from the size of the partition.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top