[fedora-virt] qemu-kvm, virtio and arguments for best performance

Petrus de Calguarium pgueckel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 14:46:31 UTC 2011

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> LITERALLY -cpu host.

Thanks. I do know what literal means, despite the fact that most people don't
:-) I found this in wikipedia:

"When I saw on the news that there would be no school tomorrow because of the
snowstorm, I literally jumped for joy, and hit my head on the ceiling fan."

You really did? How often does a person actually jump for joy? And who can
jump so high as to hit his head on the ceiling fan? So, it's not literal :-)

*

Why doesn't the documentation list 'host' as a possible parameter for the -
cpu argument?

Yes, I will try it, for that is literally what I want for this case -- a
virtual machine that is exactly like my physical machine.