[fedora-virt] virt-preview for Fedora 15 users back in sync

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Jul 29 08:50:14 UTC 2011

On 29/07/11 09:41, Frédéric Grelot wrote:

>> - virsh list (and --all) show no guest at all, while I have 5 of them
>> defined on f15 before enabling virt-preview repo.
>
> This seems to be cause by qemu saying that it does not support kvm, when it is called with the question marks arguments to determine its capabilities (I'm not an expert in this, I say it from memory since I haven't got access to the server ght now). By the way, I'm under Fedora 15 + Linux 3.0.0 (from fedora-rawhide repository), maybe this is linked.
> I worked this one around by removing (renaming to *.old) /usr/bin/qemu and /usr/bin/qemu_system_x86 and creating symlinks to /usr/bin/qemu-kvm instead
> It's ugly, but at least it allowed my vms to run.

I'm seeing the same thing:

bristol [~] % /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 -device ? -device pci-assign,?
-device virtio-blk-pci,? -device virtio-net-pci,?
KVM not supported for this target
No accelerator found!

but qemu-kvm does work as you say:

bristol [~] % /usr/bin/qemu-kvm -device ? -device pci-assign,? -device
virtio-blk-pci,? -device virtio-net-pci,?
name "pci-assign", bus PCI, desc "pass through host pci devices to the
guest"

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)