[fedora-virt] virt-preview for Fedora 15 users back in sync

Frédéric Grelot fredericg_99 at yahoo.fr
Fri Jul 29 08:55:31 UTC 2011

> I'm seeing the same thing:
>
> bristol [~] % /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 -device ? -device
> pci-assign,?
> -device virtio-blk-pci,? -device virtio-net-pci,?
> KVM not supported for this target
> No accelerator found!
>
> but qemu-kvm does work as you say:
>
> bristol [~] % /usr/bin/qemu-kvm -device ? -device pci-assign,?
> -device
> virtio-blk-pci,? -device virtio-net-pci,?
> name "pci-assign", bus PCI, desc "pass through host pci devices to
> the
> guest"

Yep, that's exactly what I remember from my tests yesterday.
Are you also running Kernel 3.0.0? Otherwise, there should be more people seeing this problem...

One caveat of the workaround by the way (better say it now before you see it by yourself...) : vms with >=4096Mb of memory (maybe a bit less) could not start properly (the error was something like "Bad ram offset"). I had to change their memory to something like 3500Mb to make work properly.

Frederic.