[fedora-virt] Host mouse pointer not hiding

Ron Yorston rmy at tigress.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 13:49:42 UTC 2011

Since upgrading from Fedora 13 to 14 last week I've had an annoying
problem with virt-manager.  When I click in a guest virtual machine
console window to get it to grab the mouse the host mouse pointer no
longer hides, so I have two mouse pointers running around the display.

Clearly something is making an effort to change the host mouse pointer
because it switches from the default arrow to the chunky cross that was
the default in previous centuries.

I've tried the F14 Virtualization Preview Repository.  This has the
same issue with VNC but not SPICE.

I had a look in bugzilla but couldn't spot anything relevant.  How can
I track down what's going on here?  I can imagine the problem being in
any of a number of components:  virt-manager, VNC, the X driver
(xort-x11-drv-intel, in my case).

Ron