[fedora-virt] virt-manager with spice support

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 03:48:06 UTC 2011

On 02/16/2011 03:21 AM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
>>From this point you are unable to arrive at login prompt. you get a
> shut off after the  black "starting windows" coloured screen
> Next start there is the option to repair or to start normally.... and
> the latter always goes to a shutoff of the vm.

I was able to get SPICE working with a 32-bit Windows 7 guest by down-
grading to the following packages:

    spice-client-0.7.3-1.fc15.x86_64
    spice-server-devel-0.7.3-1.fc15.x86_64
    spice-server-0.7.3-1.fc15.x86_64
    spice-protocol-0.7.1-1.fc15.noarch

I suspect that the Windows QXL driver probably needs to be updated for
SPICE 0.8.

HTH