[fedora-virt] spice and qemu 0.14

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 11:42:11 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Alon Levy <alevy at redhat.com> wrote:
> I think that wouldn't be enough, you'll have to add the lines to the spec to tell it to apply them.
> But since this is not how I applied them I'm not sure - I tested them with the RHEL 6 qemu, not with
> the fedora one.

Ok, done.
Only thing is that I had to change 0001 and 0003 patches for what
regards the ui/spice-display.h header file...
For 0001 there was a discrepancy about the part
     /* qemu-kvm locking ... */
     void *env;
that was expected to be already there but it wasn't...
For the other parts they worked if I manually used fuzz=1 but with the
default fuzz=0 they didn't work.
So I manually changed the related part and then I was able to build
the rpm files

at the end of the patches,  the spice-display.h contains this
information for the struct SimpleSpiceDisplay:

typedef struct SimpleSpiceDisplay {
    DisplayState *ds;
    void *buf;
    int bufsize;
    QXLWorker *worker;
    QXLInstance qxl;
    uint32_t unique;
    QemuPfConv *conv;

    QXLRect dirty;
    int notify;
    int running;

    /* ssd updates (one request/command at a time) */
    struct SimpleSpiceUpdate *update;
    int waiting_for_update;

     /* qemu-kvm locking ... */
     void *env;