[fedora-virt] qxl locking fixes round 2 (was: Re: spice and qemu 0.14)

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 08:50:23 UTC 2011

On Tue Mar 15 00:20:01 UTC 2011 Ian Pilcher wrote:
> Is that with SPICE 0.8.0?
Yes.
I'm using F14 with virt-preview repo enabled and then I recompiled 5
packages as detailed in other e-mails in this thread.
(qemu-kvm  qemu-kvm-tools qemu-system-x86 qemu-img qemu-common)
To update these, you have to deinstall first the original ones and
libvirt and then install the recompiled ones and reinstall libvirt.
But I think new official virt-preview repo rpm files are arriving...

[gcecchi~]$ rpm -qa spice\*
spice-server-devel-0.8.0-1.fc14.x86_64
spice-gtk-0.5-1.fc14.x86_64
spice-gtk-tools-0.5-1.fc14.x86_64
spice-server-0.8.0-1.fc14.x86_64
spice-client-0.8.0-1.fc14.x86_64
spice-protocol-0.8.0-1.fc14.noarch
spice-gtk-python-0.5-1.fc14.x86_64
spice-glib-0.5-1.fc14.x86_64

[gcecchi at ope46 ~]$ rpm -qi spice-server
Name        : spice-server                 Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 0.8.0                             Vendor: (none)
Release     : 1.fc14                        Build Date: Wed 02 Mar
2011 08:57:03 PM CET
Install Date: Fri 04 Mar 2011 08:30:35 AM CET      Build Host:
fedora64.linuxtx.org
Group       : System Environment/Libraries   Source RPM:
spice-0.8.0-1.fc14.src.rpm
Size        : 1000353                          License: LGPLv2+
Signature   : (none)
URL         : http://www.spice-space.org/
Summary     : Implements the server side of the SPICE protocol
Description :
The Simple Protocol for Independent Computing Environments (SPICE) is
a remote display system built for virtual environments which allows
you to view a computing 'desktop' environment not only on the machine
where it is running, but from anywhere on the Internet and from a wide
variety of machine architectures.

This package contains the run-time libraries for any application that wishes
to be a SPICE server.