[fedora-virt] Virt Tools Survey: What to do about virt-clone

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Tue May 10 12:45:35 UTC 2011

On 05/10/11 - 12:56:30PM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Sysprepping Windows
> -------------------
>
> This is a complex, manual process.  We do some steps to automate it in
> RHEV.  It's best to read Microsoft's online documentation at
> [2][3][4].
>
>   [3] http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302577
>   [4] http://blogs.technet.com/b/megand/archive/2005/01/20/357570.aspx

Note that Oz[1] can do some of this.  There is a side-branch of Oz called
"win2k8customize" that has some of this sysprepping functionality built-in.
It's not on master at the moment because it requires something of a hacked-up
tool called "winexe", but we are in the process of finding a replacement
for "winexe" at the moment.

--
Chris Lalancette

[1] http://aeolusproject.org/oz.html