[fedora-virt] Replace library WinXPs by virtual WinXPs on Fedora KVM?

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 02:30:49 UTC 2011

Hi,

The current situation:
* About 500 university library PCs run WinXP as the main OS.

What I would like to know if following is possible:
* Replace the WinXP by Fedora with virtualization software (KVM ?) and have
WinXP as a guest OS, in such a way that the users immediately boot into WinXP
without noticing the virtualization.
* Over the network it should still be possible to access the host Fedora OS.

Is this a feasible idea?
If yes, can you give me some clues how to start?

Thank you!
Rob.