[fedora-virt] F14 Host with F15-preview repo

McEvoy, James james.mcevoy at hp.com
Sun May 29 18:57:34 UTC 2011

Hi Frank,
I have not tried an F15 guest so I do not have an answer for your cursor problem, but a little more info might be helpful for others to help you troubleshoot.  If you are using the Virtual Machine Manager GUI to display the guest OS are you using VNC for the display or the new feature of Spice?  I would guess that VNC is not getting that much attention or testing on the virt-preview version of kvm on Fedora 14 because the Spice support is the major new feature.  If you setup your guest to use Spice for the display you will have at least three clients that I know of to work around any cursor issues.  There is a Spice viewer built into the Virtual Machine Manager GUI, an install named spicec  and another named spicy which I am now using to with a Win7 x64 client to send this email.  I am pleased that I now have sound working on my Win7 x64 guest using the newly supported ICH6 virtual sound device. Here are the spice packages I had to install to get the spicey to work...

rpm -qa | grep spic
spice-gtk-python-0.5-1.fc14.x86_64
spice-glib-0.5-1.fc14.x86_64
spice-protocol-0.8.0-1.fc14.noarch
spice-parent-15-2.fc14.noarch
spice-gtk-0.5-1.fc14.x86_64
spice-client-0.8.0-2.fc14.x86_64
spice-vdagent-0.8.0-1.fc14.x86_64
spice-server-0.8.0-2.fc14.x86_64
spice-gtk-tools-0.5-1.fc14.x86_64

I am not sure they are all needed but this set works for me.
  --jim