[fedora-virt] spice-gtk: menu bar shown in full-screen mode

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Tue May 31 14:18:58 UTC 2011

On 05/27/2011 04:11 PM, Ian Pilcher wrote:
> Using SPICE from virt-manager and selecting View -> Fullscreen, the
> menu bar is still displayed, shifting the display downward.
>
>   Fedora 15
>   spice-gtk-0.5-6.fc15.x86_64
>   libvirt-0.8.8-4.fc15.x86_64
>   virt-manager-0.8.7-4.fc15.noarch
>
> Anyone know of a workaround?

Upstream uses a mechanism similar to vinagre: when in fullscreen, there
is a hiding toolbar that is shown if the pointer is moved to the top
center of the screen.

But until a new virt-manager version is released there isn't any
workaround. I'd like to release a new version within a month and push it
to f15.

- Cole