[fedora-virt] virt-preview on F16 fails due to yajl incompatibility

Justin M. Forbes jmforbes at linuxtx.org
Mon Nov 14 16:17:14 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-11-14 at 08:27 -0700, Eric Blake wrote:
> libreoffice on F16 requires yajl 1.0, but virt-preview built libvirt
> against yajl 2.0.  This means that it is not possible to use
> virt-preview on an F16 machine with libreoffice installed:
>
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Package: raptor2-2.0.4-2.fc16.x86_64 (@anaconda-0)
>            Requires: libyajl.so.1()(64bit)
>            Removing: yajl-1.0.12-1.fc16.x86_64 (@anaconda-0)
>                libyajl.so.1()(64bit)
>            Updated By: yajl-2.0.1-1.fc16.x86_64 (fedora-virt-preview)
>                Not found
>
> It looks like we need to back out the yajl changes from virt-preview,
> and rebuild libvirt to not require the newer yajl libraries.

Thanks, I did some checking to see if anything on my system required
yajl before I built it, but I don't have libre installed on that
machine.  I am kind of questioning what to do here, if we revert the
yajl requirement in libvirt, what are we missing, it certainly isn't a
full virt-preview.  On the other hand, if we tell people they can only
test on systems without Libre installed, we are going to have fewer
testers.  I suppose the other option is to add libreoffice from F17 to
virt-preview (ouch).  What do people think?

Justin