[fedora-virt] Virtio-win Windows NIC goes offline during bulk copies

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 09:29:55 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 02:47:23 -0500
Greg Scott wrote:

> At random times, generally after a few
> dozen or so GB - but sometimes after more than 100 GB - the virtual NIC
> goes offline.

No real help, but I also seem to have random network
problems on my virtual network. I'm not doing vast
copies, in my case I'm booting KVMs, running regression
tests, shutting them down, running other ones, etc.

The most common failure mode for me is the network
will stop working (I talk to the machines with ssh, and
sometimes during a test run, ssh will cease talking).