[fedora-virt] Virtio-win Windows NIC goes offline during bulkcopies

Greg Scott GregScott at Infrasupport.com
Sun Sep 4 04:27:47 UTC 2011

I just looked at Bugzilla and may have found a problem report:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/process_bug.cgi

I entered some comments at the bottom.

-          Greg

From: virt-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org
[mailto:virt-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org] On Behalf Of Kenni Lund
Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2011 12:19 AM
To: virt at lists.fedoraproject.org
Subject: Re: [fedora-virt] Virtio-win Windows NIC goes offline during
bulkcopies

Den 02/09/2011 09.47 skrev "Greg Scott" <GregScott at infrasupport.com>:
> So I am trying to do a bulk copy of 200+ GB from a physical Windows
server to this virtual machine.  At random times, generally after a few
dozen or so GB - but sometimes after more than 100 GB - the virtual NIC
goes offline.  From the Windows VM, I am unable to ping anything,
including the RHEL host it's running under.

While this is not really related to Fedora, I can confirm that I'm
seeing the same issue on a SL6.1 host at home, also running with the
latest vitro-win from the supplementary RHEL repository. In my case the
guest is a Windows 7 system. I haven't yet been able to identify a bug
report with this issue, so I don't know if Red Hat is aware of the issue
at all.

Best regards
Kenni