[fedora-virt] Virtio-win Windows NIC goes offline during bulkcopies

Greg Scott GregScott at Infrasupport.com
Mon Sep 5 00:00:02 UTC 2011

Grabbed it.  I found a netkvm.sys in vista\amd64, vista\x86, and in an
x86 directory in one of the xp trees.  I am guessing I want the Vista
one for Win2008R2?  And the XP one will work with Win2003?

I want to test this on my Win2008R2 virtual machine, but I don't have
local access to the host anymore.  I've tried using xming and putty to
run virt-manager and display on this Windows PC, but virt-manager just
doesn't respond well in that environment - several minutes to even
display a VM console.  In the hopes that a Linux X server might work
lots better, I can rig one up here, but I was wondering if anyone knows
how to display it on a Linux X server?  On the X server here, I can do
xhost +, but how do I set the display back to here on the X application
client - the RHEL system at the colo site?

And a question - this version is 0.1 - are we **sure**  this is newer
than the 1.2.1 version available via yum?  What does WHQL'd mean?  I'm
guessing it's a checkin process?

Thanks

- Greg Scott