[fedora-virt] Virtio-win Windows NIC goes offline duringbulkcopies

Greg Scott GregScott at Infrasupport.com
Mon Sep 5 00:13:25 UTC 2011

> ...but I was wondering if anyone knows
> how to display it on a Linux X server?  On the X server here, I can do
> xhost +, but how do I set the display back to here on the X
application
> client - the RHEL system at the colo site?

Holy moley - after months of looking at it, I may have just answered my
own question.  The key turns out to be "DISPLAY" instead of "display".
For anyone else struggling with the same thing....

[root at iscsi ~]# DISPLAY=10.10.10.1:0
[root at iscsi ~]# export DISPLAY
[root at iscsi ~]# printenv DISPLAY
10.10.10.1:0
[root at iscsi ~]# virt-manager
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad": libgnomebreakpad.so:
[root at iscsi ~]#

I'm not sure what that "gnomebreakpad" business is all about, but
virt-manager launched on my Fedora display server here from a RHEL 6.1
host sitting right next to it.

- Greg