[fedora-virt] Virtio-win Windows NIC goes offlineduringbulkcopies

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 06:32:07 UTC 2011

On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 23:40:57 -0500
Greg Scott wrote:

> So that Realtech problem could have been something else, but looking
> back, I don't think so. I wonder if the VirtIO and hardware emulator
> drivers share some common code?  Or maybe there's a flow control issue
> effecting them both?

My test KVMs run a wide variety of linux distros, some too old
to have virtio drivers and so they use the realtech or some other
emulation. The network issues I see don't seem to be restricted
to any particular flavor of NIC inside the virtual machines, they
all randomly get network failures from time to time.