[fedora-virt] Virtio-win Windows NIC goes offlineduringbulkcopies

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 12:17:26 UTC 2011

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 06:49:38 -0500
Greg Scott wrote:

> Oh wow.  Tom, are your random failures across gb or 10/100 networks?

Probably a combination :-). The virtual machines are running tests
located on a variety of NFS mounted filesystems from different
machines with different NICs. They don't happen very often. I have
somewhere between 4 and 8 KVMs running tests at once and when one
test finishes, another KVM is started, and I only see the failures
maybe once or twice a day. Also depending on the kind of test
there may sometimes be more network traffic than other times. It
is hard to put a finger on any one cause (which is why I haven't
tried to submit a but report - that and the fact that the host
machines are usually running older versions of fedora no one would
care about bug reports for :-).