[fedora-virt] [Xen-devel] Re: Virtualization Test Day for F16 and Xen

Jeremy Fitzhardinge jeremy at goop.org
Wed Sep 21 22:46:31 UTC 2011

On 09/21/2011 01:03 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

> I filled Bug 740378 - F16: Can't use keyboard when installing F16-Alpha under Xen (regression) as guest
> which is pretty descripting what is below.
>
> Also adding in Jeremy's workaround in it.

Though I couldn't repro the general problems I was having - I later did
a clean F14 install with no problems.  So I don't really know what's
going on here; I might try another F16 hvm install to see how it goes.

But there is a bona-fide bug that F16 doesn't include xen-platform-pci
by default in its initramfs, so it ends up unplugging its emulated
devices without discovering the PV ones to replace them...

> Besides that, there is also
> 738085 - Patch to reduce spurious Xen entries in grub menu
>
> which has a patch to fix the grub2 menu-thingy..

I'd noticed that - though at present I haven't managed to get F16 Xen to
boot in an hvm domain (it hangs when setting up interrupts in the nested
dom0).