[fedora-virt] Guest can no longer be bootet with libvirt 0.9.6 from virt-preview repo

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Tue Sep 27 14:20:22 UTC 2011

Hi,
I just noticed that once I upgrade to libvirt-0.9.6-1 from the virt-preview
repo on my Fedora 15 machine I can no longer boot guests that use virtio
disks. I only get "Boot failed: could not read the boot disk".
Removing the disk and re-adding it as IDE drive allows KVM to boot from the
disk (although the full boot obviously fails due to the hda/vda naming
difference but that's expected).

After downgrading to libvirt-0.8.8-7 again the problem goes away and the
guest boot fine from virtio disks.

Is this a known problem? Do I have to configure something differently to
make this work as it should?

Regards,
   Dennis