[fedora-virt] Guest can no longer be bootet with libvirt 0.9.6 from virt-preview repo

Soeren Grunewald soeren.grunewald at avionic-design.de
Wed Sep 28 14:58:40 UTC 2011

Hi All,

Maybe it is a combination of libvirt and qemu. I had an similar issue as
i made the update on F14. I installed the libvirt packages for F14 from
ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/ and i could no boot the vm's as well. I
traced this done to the generated qemu command for the disk. For drives
using virtio this disk (if=none) arguments were not generated as expected.

e.g.
 > -drive
file=/var/lib/libvirt/images/winxp.img,if=none,id=drive-ide0-0-0,format=raw,cache=writeback

in previous version it generated the argument as "..,if=virtio,..". I
tested this by manually executing the command-line.

i solved this issue by updating qemu to version 0.15 which apparently
does not need "if=virtio" and can life with "if=none".
--
Regards
Soeren