[fedora-virt] FYI: iPXE in Fedora 17

Kashyap Chamarthy kashyapc at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 2 23:44:30 UTC 2012

> FYI, as of this morning, both Fedora rawhide and Fedora 17 now have QEMU
> using iPXE.
>
>   https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-4242/
>
> Please try them out with
>
>    yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update qemu
>
> and check PXE boot is working sensibly for you, and that gpxe-roms-qemu
> gets removed automagically & replaced by ipxe-roms-qemu.

I'm made a scratch build[1] for F16 (as I don't have an F17 host yet), and about to test
w/ the below cmd line:

################
virt-install --connect=qemu:///system \
  --network=bridge:br0\
  --pxe \
  --name f16tbox \
  --disk path=/export/vmimgs/f16tbox1.img,size=10 \
  --ram 2048 \
  --vcpus=2 \
  --check-cpu \
  --hvm \
  --os-variant fedora16
(Also, w/ my firewall turned off (iptables seems to block tftp..)

[1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=3962520

Is this valid?