[fedora-virt] Fedora virt status July 2012

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Mon Aug 6 13:25:36 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 08/03/2012 04:33 PM, Cole Robinson wrote:
> Hey all, here are some Fedora virt status bits for July.

Thanks for the status update!

>    Fedora 18
>    =========
>
> We've started passing interesting dates for Fedora 18:
>
>    July   27: Feature submission deadline
>    August 07: Feature freeze (majority of the feature is in fedora)
>    August 14: Alpha change deadline
>    Septem 19: Beta change deadline
>    October 2: Beta Release
>    October 4: Virtualization Test Day
>
> In time for the Feature freeze next week, we will be taking a snapshot of QEMU
> upstream, and will eventually move to QEMU 1.2 when it is released later in
> the month.

When rebasing to latest upstream, please keep in mind that the chardev flowcontrol
patches are still not upstream, there is a reason the comment in the specfile says:
"# The infamous chardev flow control patches"

So those need to be re-based (*), I can do that for you if you want, I was actually
planning on doing that this morning, but when I saw this mail I thought it would
be better to coordinate, to avoid doing the work twice.

*) Which is sometimes a non-trivial thing to do.

So let me know which way you hand to handle this (me doing the rebase of those patches,
or you doing it). Eitherway once we've a build I'll run some usb-redirection tests.

Regards,

Hans

p.s.

The 2 usbredir bugfix patches can be dropped, both are upstream already.