[fedora-virt] usb redirection rejected

Kenneth Armstrong karmstrong at catcomtec.com
Wed Dec 12 17:10:37 UTC 2012

That was it!  Thanks Hans!

-Kenny

-----Original Message-----
From: Hans de Goede [mailto:hdegoede at redhat.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:53 AM
To: Kenneth Armstrong
Cc: virt at lists.fedoraproject.org
Subject: Re: [fedora-virt] usb redirection rejected

Hi,

On 12/12/2012 03:11 PM, Kenneth Armstrong wrote:
> Here's my setup:
>
> I have a Fedora 17 host, with a CentOS 6.3 guest, both fully updated.
>
> I set up 3 USB Redirection devices for my CentOS guest, and using spicy, I
plugged in my 500GB USB 2.0 EXT4 formatted drive and selected it for
redirection.

> I get the error message stating: "USB redirection error" "Seagate
FreeAgent rejected by host"

> I look at the /var/log/libvirt/qemu/guest.log file and see this:
"qemu-kvm: warning: speed mismatch trying to attach usb device USB
Redirection Device to bust usb.0"

> I have attempted various USB ports on my host system with the same
results.

> Any thoughts as to what could be going on?

Yes, your vm is configured to only emulate a USB-1 controller. Assuming
you're managing it with virt-manager, open it there, go to the details view,
then the usb controller and change the type from "default" to 2.

Regards,

Hams

-----
No virus found in this message.