[fedora-virt] No networking?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 20:05:21 UTC 2012

I'm on fedora 17 and I just started trying to install a
fedora 17 virtual machine where I can screw around with
stuff without blowing up my actual machine.

I get to step 5 of 5 in the New VM wizard of virt
manager and it tells me "No networking" and has
a little warning triangle icon.

Whyfor? All my existing virtual machines use one
of the two bridge devices I have, but it doesn't
seem to see the bridges?

It used to see them in earlier versions of virt-manager.

Is this a bug or some kind of new feature that
requires me to go to infinite pains to make
virt-manager aware of the bridges for my
convenience?

I'll try to do the install and manually tweak the
xml later to see if I can add the bridge...