[fedora-virt] virsh output discrepancy with vol-list

Shergill, Gurinder gurinder.shergill at hp.com
Thu Apr 11 03:06:49 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am seeing following discrepancy with virsh output for volume list, which goes away when I restart the libvirtd daemon.

Here virsh shows 4 volumes. Also, notice that first 2 volumes are duplicates.

$ virsh vol-list --pool default
Name                 Path
crab.vol.0.img       /var/lib/libvirt/images/crab.vol.0.img
crab.vol.0.img       /var/lib/libvirt/images/crab.vol.0.img
fish.vol.0.img       /var/lib/libvirt/images/fish.vol.0.img
fish.vol.1.img       /var/lib/libvirt/images/fish.vol.1.img

However, none of the above volumes currently exist (as I had just deleted them using, again, using virsh).

$ ll /var/lib/libvirt/images/
total 0

Now, I restart libvirt. And, after that virsh output is fine.

$ virsh vol-list --pool default
Name                 Path

Any idea what is going on here ? Is this a known issue ?

I am using Fedora 17.

Sunny