[fedora-virt] Nested KVM help

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 18:33:16 UTC 2013

On 08/19/2013 11:43 AM, James Slagle wrote:
> cpu section of libvirt xml for L1 vm:
>   <cpu mode='custom' match='exact'>
>     <model fallback='allow'>Nehalem</model>
>     <feature policy='require' name='vmx'/>
>   </cpu>

Once upon a time I had RHEV running with nested KVM on F18.  I haven't
tried it on F19, though.  The CPU section of the XML for one of the
hypervisors looks like this:

  <cpu mode='custom' match='exact'>
    <model fallback='allow'>Conroe</model>
    <vendor>Intel</vendor>
    <feature policy='require' name='vmx'/>
  </cpu>

So maybe try setting the CPU type back to Conroe?

Also, what type (generation) of processor does L0 have?  I'm not sure
how well pre-SandyBridge CPUs handle this stuff.

HTH