[fedora-virt] USB devices get reset a few seconds after attaching them to guest and then get binded to host

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Dec 30 16:33:58 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 11:03:23AM -0500, Stewart Adam wrote:
> I'm using libvirt & virt-manager as well as 'virsh attach-device'
> from the command line, so if I am not mistaken this is QEMU's host
> USB passthrough.

Once you get back to using just USB passthrough it's helpful to dump
out the entire domain XML, ie:

sudo virsh dumpxml the_guest

Also the full qemu command line.  Look for a file called
/var/log/libvirt/qemu/the_guest.log or $HOME/.cache/libvirt/qemu/log/the_guest.log.

In both cases send the complete XML and complete command line to the
list.

Rich.