[fedora-virt] Proper way to migrate (F19 to F20)

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 17:13:39 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

I have a F19 that I'm wiping out in order to perform a clean intall of
F20.  Is it ok to simply tar /etc/libvirt and /var/lib/libvirt/ and
untar them on the new installation?  Or is it better to grab the VM
definition files & their disks and import them with vish on the new setup?

The first option seems very straightforward but don't know if there are
new config files or changes in syntax that I may be overriding by
extracting the previous version.

Thanks,
Jorge