[fedora-virt] A couple of bugs in the new qemu 1.4.0 package in Rawhide

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Feb 20 11:18:02 UTC 2013

Firstly the %if condition here doesn't work for me.  For some reason
it still wants me to install perl-podlators (which doesn't exist on
Fedora 18):

  %if 0%{?fedora} > 18
  BuildRequires: perl-podlators
  %endif

I don't understand why it doesn't work, since on the same machine:

  $ rpm --eval '%{?fedora}'
  18

Is "018" treated as an impossible octal number?  My suggestion is to
just BR the programs directly.  The upstream code seems to need
pod2man, so:

  BuildRequires: /usr/bin/pod2man

Secondly, /usr/bin/qemu-kvm is now a script:

  $ cat /usr/bin/qemu-kvm
  #!/bin/sh

  exec /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86 -machine accel=kvm "$@"

The problem is that /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86 doesn't appear to exist.
Did you mean /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_84, or is there a missing
runtime Requires in the package?

Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW