[fedora-virt] A couple of bugs in the new qemu 1.4.0 package in Rawhide

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Feb 20 13:12:21 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:35:14AM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:33:19AM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:20:36AM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > > I wouldn't be surprised if this causes SELinux problems, since the
> > > SELinux policy restricts what QEMU is allowed to exec.
> >
> > Yeah, I guess that would be an argument for omitting /usr/bin/qemu-kvm
> > entirely.  libguestfs will need to be rebuilt to pick up the new
> > location for the binary (still used on Fedora by virt-rescue & the
> > appliance backend).
>
> Libvirt doesn't require existance of /usr/bin/qemu-kvm, but there
> could be people who have guest XML refering to /usr/bin/qemu-kvm
> still, so not sure we can just delete it.

Indeed .. I just hit this with my own guest.  For reference, the error was:

error: Failed to start domain f19rawhidex64
error: internal error Child process (LC_ALL=C PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin /usr/bin/qemu-kvm -help) unexpected exit status 127: /usr/bin/qemu-kvm: line 3: /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86: No such file or directory

and the fix was to 'virsh edit' the guest and remove the <emulator>
element.

Rich.