[fedora-virt] What the heck are the guestfs-yaddayadda... virtual machines?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Jan 28 08:46:50 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 08:03:07PM -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 19:54:19 -0500
> Tom Horsley wrote:
>
> > > should result in a nice little OS icon next to each
> > > guest plus some extra information in various dialogs.
>
> And I'm not getting any icons next to my Windows XP
> virtual machines (maybe that's why it keeps trying to run :-).

It should only try once per VM (per run of virt-manager).  It will not
retry if it fails to inspect a VM.

To understand why it would not be able to inspect the Windows XP
guest, try the following command:

  # virt-inspector -d NameOfWindowsVM > /tmp/winxp.xml

It should show one <operatingsystem> section containing an <icon>.

If it doesn't show that, then do:

  # virt-inspector -d NameOfWindowsVM -x > /tmp/debug.txt 2>&1

and post the resulting data into a bug report.

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v