[fedora-virt] qemu vfio-vga-reset compilation

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Mon Jul 8 17:44:37 UTC 2013

On 07/04/2013 11:46 AM, Mario Ceresa wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to use Alex's qemu branch for vga reset. I would like to use it
> with fedora qemu spec because I don't know very well qemu internals.
>
> However, I get a configure error:
>
> ERROR: unknown option --enable-migration-from-qemu-kvm
>
> Maybe this option was added recently and I should use a different option set?

That option is a non-upstream addition in Fedora. It maintains migration
compatibility from qemu-kvm <= 1.2.0 to qemu in F19. For your usage it's
likely not important, so just drop that configure switch.

> Is there a suggested way to compile vfio-vga-reset branch and use it in fedora?

If you want to use the new qemu with libvirt, it's probably simplest to build
an RPM as you are trying to do. But most developers are likely compiling from
git and running the qemu binary straight from the git tree.

- Cole