[fedora-virt] Isolated Virtual Network

Dean Hunter deanhunter at comcast.net
Mon Jul 8 18:01:25 UTC 2013

I have a Fedora 18 server hosting several Fedora 18 guests with a
bridge.  The server, guests of the server, and peers of the server can
all freely interact.  I have YUM repositories available via http and
home and shared directories available via nfs from the server.  And DNS,
authentication and policies for autofs and sudo are available from IPA
on one of server guests.  Life is good.

[root at host ~]# cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-em1
# Configured manually
BRIDGE=br1
DEVICE=em1
HWADDR=00:1C:C4:AE:57:4F
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet

[root at host ~]# cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br1
# Configured manually
BOOTPROTO=static
DEFROUTE=yes
DELAY=0
DEVICE=br1
DNS1=192.168.1.11
DNS2=75.75.76.76
DNS3=75.75.75.75
DOMAIN=hunter.org
GATEWAY=192.168.1.254
IPADDR=192.168.1.10
IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=no
IPV6INIT=no
NAME="System br1"
ONBOOT=yes
PREFIX=24
STP=on
TYPE=Bridge

[root at host ~]# virsh net-dumpxml Subnet1
<network connections='4'>
  <name>Subnet1</name>
  <uuid>3a50ed6a-0350-e46e-5a9d-a6b159ce5c37</uuid>
  <forward mode='bridge'/>
  <bridge name='br1' />
  <mac address='52:54:00:18:8F:47'/>
</network>

[root at host ~]#

Now Fedora 19 comes along and I need to test new versions of the server
guests in isolation from existing server guests and server peers; ie.
everything except for the http and nfs services of the server.  I
welcome your suggestions.