[fedora-virt] fedora 19 virt-viewer VNC corruption

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Tue Jul 9 13:12:19 UTC 2013

I installed Fedora 19 and moved the VMs I was running on Fedora 17
previously to it.  The VNC display is now corrupted--the desktop
background is black and many widgets (the guest is Windows XP), making
it pretty unusable.  Basically, it looks like it is failing to paint
large blocks of the UI, but sometimes pieces of it reappear when
clicking on menus, etc.  Is this a known issue with Fedora 19
virt-viewer & VNC displays?

I tried getting Windows XP to install the Spice driver, but had
problems way-back-when.  I suppose I could try again if VNC is no
longer supported.