[fedora-virt] Isolated Virtual Network

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 01:15:57 UTC 2013

On 07/08/2013 02:01 PM, Dean Hunter wrote:
> I need to test new versions of the server guests in isolation from existing server
>  guests and server peers; ie. everything except for the http and nfs services of the server.

Hi Dean,

I'm new to virtualization on Linux so bear with me...

As I see it you have this "Subnet1" for your br1 bridge:

(your network) -->  em1 --> br1 <-- your guests

Why don't you just just create a new network "Subnet2" (with a new
bridge "br2") that won't have any real interface bridged to it? That way
you'll get the isolation you want for your new guests plus you'll have
another ip for your host system (the ip you'll assign to the bridge).
Then you can configure HTTP/NFS to also listen on that new ip (in order
to allow your isolated guests talk to your host system).

Regards,
Jorge