[fedora-virt] Connection breaks for my macvtap

Richa Marwaha rmarwah at us.ibm.com
Mon Mar 25 22:01:21 UTC 2013

Hi Cole

The reason I posted it on fedora was because the qemu doesnot breaks its
just my guest ssh connection that breaks down with tht error. Will try to
recreate this issue with qemu git.

Regards,
Richa Marwaha
LTC Security
Email address:rmarwah at us.ibm.com

  From:       Cole Robinson <crobinso at redhat.com>

  To:         Richa Marwaha/Silicon Valley/IBM at IBMUS,

  Cc:         virt at lists.fedoraproject.org

  Date:       03/25/2013 02:16 PM

  Subject:    Re: [fedora-virt] Connection breaks for my macvtap

On 03/20/2013 12:53 PM, Richa Marwaha wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to run some KVM fuzz testing where I have a tool called scapy
> running on my host and guest which changes the data in the IP header of
the
> packages and send it out to the host and vice versa. I have macvtap setup
on
> my host (have tried both VEPA and Bridge mode).
> My ssh connection to my guest breaks down after having send just 22
packets
> and also the gnome crashes. I see the following message in the dmesg
>
> dbus[545]: [system] Rejected send message, 2 matched rules;
> type="method_return", sender=":1.0" (uid=0 pid=499
> comm="/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-logind ") interface="(unset)"
member="(unset)"
> error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination=":1.17" (uid=42
pid=658
> comm="/usr/bin/gnome-session -f --debug ")
>
> The connection to the guest restart but wanted to know what makes it
breakdown.

Interesting Richa. Might want to bring this up on qemu-devel and try
reproducing with qemu git.

- Cole