[fedora-virt] SOLVED Re: qemu-kvm 199.99% Host cpu

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 17:55:31 UTC 2013

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 11:46:23 -0600
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29 March 2013 06:02, Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:
> > What is the best to set guest CPU at,
> > as guest seem to be hogging it all.
> >
> Probably need more info on what the guest is doing as that might
> give a clue to why it is hogging 2 cores.

During install in virt-manager, I set it up for 2 cores.
(Due to lack of knowledge)

But 'top' on the host showed 200% cpu for qemu-kvm
23% when guest on init 3.

 [Also a description of
> what hogging means here.. Does it mean the overall system is
> unresponsive etc?]

The guest had to be force killed, if Graphical Desktop,
 due to nothing responding.
since when spice-vdagent was installed on guest

Start guests with F16 install,
as I find it easier to keep out all
the Grub2 advanced menu. (just a personal thing)
--
Regards,
Frank