[fedora-virt] "You Are Here" on Snapshots

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Oct 9 15:55:24 UTC 2013

On 10/09/2013 09:26 AM, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> Another question with internal snapshots.  I can see the snapshot tree with:
>
> virsh snapshot-list Win7vm --tree
>
> However, I would like to know from what previous snapshot I'm currently
> running off.  Something like the "You are here" that VMware shows.   Is
> there a way to find that out?

virsh snapshot-current --name $dom

will show you the current snapshot if there is one (that is, the state
at which the current execution most recently forked from, which may not
always exist if you start deleting snapshots).  I haven't played with
virt-manager's handling of snapshots, but if it doesn't already, it
should definitely highlight the current snapshot.