[fedora-virt] Fedora/RHEL virt packages version

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Sat Sep 7 15:22:48 UTC 2013

On 09/07/2013 02:54 AM, Eric Viseur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working on a virtualization-based security project whose aim
> is to be Common Criteria-certified in its final version.
> What we did was start working with Fedora 18, which should be the basis for
> RHEL 7.  However, it turns out having more recent versions of the
> KVM-related packages (qemu and libvirt, namely) could be a good help as it
> would allow us to use vfio.
>
> In my understanding, vfio isn't available with the qemu version used on F18.
>
> So here is my question : will RHEL7 stictly stick to the F18 packages
> versions or will it use more up-to-date version ?

No one on this list is able to give you a definitive answer, as this
list cares mainly about upstream Fedora and is not an official RHEL
channel.  If you need to know what RHEL 7 will contain, speak with your
Red Hat sales representative.  But in all likelihood, RHEL 7 will be
closer to Fedora 19 or even 20 than it will be to Fedora 18, if only
because Fedora 19 has already been released and RHEL 7 has not.